Wednesday, July 05, 2006

One Year Hump Day Package

July 5, 2006

Dear Family,

Thanks for writing! Sorry I wasn't able to write yesterday; the library was closed and we couldn't find any other computers to use.

Transfer news:

Yesterday, Elder Holt got transferred down to Laguna Hills. That's too bad.

I've got a new companion, Elder Nielson. He's been out for 9 months. All I can say about him is that he'll be great at helping me to learn patience... if you know what I mean. He's from Salt Lake.

I'm now the district leader in this area.

Ha, I got a letter from Saddleback church, eh? I didn't think they'd send anything, and that it wouldn't matter since I put my old address. They actually called one of the elders here and sent him a free bible.

We had Chinese food for lunch today. I'm glad you were able to have some for my one year birthday.

That's really cool that you have discount cards for Seattle attractions. You'll have to keep track of which ones are the best.

I'm sorry you lost the missionaries in your ward. WAY TO GIVE REFERRALS, Michelle. We visited a couple referrals and actually taught a couple lessons from it this week. It was really cool.

I sent you guys a slim package today. It has pictures, pass-alongs, and a few other things. I hope you enjoy.

Thanks for the one year package, too! I was in desperate need of socks AND pens. I'm not sure where the water bombs will come in handy, but I'll be sure to use them some time. The Take 5, Rice Krispies, Goldfish, and Snickers will be perfect for helping me regain the weight I've lost on my mission.... oh wait. The toothbrush is a good practical gift too. I really like those pens as well; you got just what I like - fine point Rollerball with a cap. Excellent! Thanks so much for the stuff.

Next package you decide to send, I could use more socks and stamps. That's about it. And no hurry. If you can get the same kind of socks, that would be great, so I don't have to worry about matching them. I accidentally bleached almost all my black socks, so.... uh... my sock situation was perilous until I got those from you. In fact I am wearing them right now, and they look fantastic.

On Monday, we spent nearly the whole day for Elder Holt to go around to the members and say goodbye. Some people cried when he left. He made a really good impression on the ward, and they won't forget about him soon. We also taught two lessons- one to Kyle that went very well, and one to Jeff Evans.

We gave a blessing to Mary's brother on Sunday morning, and got held up in traffic on the way back from the hospital, but we were able to get to church on time. Mary came to church, but she wants to move the baptism back because she had to miss an appointment and she's worried about her brother. So we'll see what happens. She is doing well, though. She is learning AND retaining. That's what the spirit can do. She wants us to try to tell everybody about the Plan of Salvation. We told her we're doing the best we can. ;)

On Saturday, we went to a baptism for 4 kids in the stake, and the entire chapel and part of the overflow was full. Wow.

This week was very hot, over 90 degrees every day. Sometimes we have to change shirts during the day because they're soaked with sweat. I'm glad I'm not in Ramona or Escondido, though. They're even hotter. The areas near the ocean are at a cool 75 degrees.

Well, that's all for this week. Have a fantastic week and write back soon. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Myers