Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Teaching about the Godhead

Dear Family,

Well, it's been an interesting week. Our investigators are doing all right. Mary cancelled our appointment and didn't come to church; I think her brother's condition (which hasn't changed yet) is taking a big toll on her. We're supposed to be meeting with her NEXT Wednesday. *sigh*

Chris has been in London, so I haven't talked with him recently.

Kyle came to the investigator fireside. I gave him a list of scriptures in the Bible last week about the nature of God and asked him to study, ponder, and pray about whether the trinity was a true doctrine. He told me at the fireside that as he read the spirit testified to him that the spirit testified that what I had said was true. That's awesome. Plus, there were 3 recent convert testimonies at the investigator fireside that really brought the spirit, and no bashers! We taught Kyle a LOT yesterday, and he's still got a lot to study and think about. I gave him the article by President Hinckley "In These Three I Believe" in the Ensign this month. It's an excellent article. We also went through scriptures in the Book of Mormon that teach that only through Jesus Christ are we saved and also the 17 points of the true church. We'll try to commit him to a baptismal date next time.

Elder King and Elder Bird, the other two elders in our district, have a baptism coming up, which we're all excited about. It'll be on the 22nd. He's a really great guy named Todd; he asked some questions at the fireside.

We spent a lot of this week introducing members to Elder Nielson and soliciting referrals. A lot of our lessons this week got cancelled, which was a bummer. But, despite the lapse in numbers, we're still optimistic. We're trying to contact all our potential investigators and get a "sink or swim" status on all of them.

We helped with a move on Saturday, and there were around 20 elders and high priests. It was a pretty marvelous sight to behold. I was one of the three tetris players inside the truck.

We started teaching a lady named Gloria and her daughter Virginia. They are both inactive members who want to find their faith again. So we are helping with that.

The ward is still doing well. It's definitely getting stronger since we started here. We're happy about the work and how it's going.

Anyway... that's about all. Not much has happened exciting in terms of news.

Mom, I really like that pass-along card you made. Could you make some for me? That would be awesome.

I'm glad it's nice and cool in Seattle. Yes, it is a lot cooler close to the ocean... but we're not close to the ocean :(.

Hah, mom, I've always wanted to go to the Experience Music Project. So, I'll have to take the kids there when I get home.

Well, that's really everything. I'm sorry I don't have a ton to say. I love you all and I hope you have a great week.

Love,
Elder Myers