Thursday, July 21, 2005

MTC Week 3

The MTC has been going fairly well. Still learning a lot.

This week the MTC was reorganized in a lot of ways, and as part of that, we moved buildings. That seemed kind of dumb, but I'm sure it will make the future easier. All the Mandarin missionaries are together - and there's a lot more than there used to be. Our job is to make sure that the church is alive and well among the Chinese before China is open. The people we teach, if they move back to China, can teach their families. It's very exciting to be part of the preparation period, because China will be a HUGE project. If all 100 elders learning Chinese went to China, each would have 13 MILLION people to teach. That's one companionship to more people than in California. If we had double the elders we do now in the world, and sent the new 50,000 to China, there'd still be tens of thousands of people per elder. It's a huge thing, but it will come someday, and we know that it couldn't without our efforst... that's encouraging.

I've had both bad and good experiences in the RC this week. None quite so unique as the pastor experience, but I did invite a very openhearted young lady to talk to the missionaries and attend church this Sunday. She accepted and I was thrilled because she really does seem interested. The bad experience I refer to is a very anti-mormon lady who really went after me, but she didn't have much of substance to say and she was very meanhearted, so I eventually realized I couldn't let it get to me.

Keep keeping me up to date on what's going on, you all have been keeping me very informed. Thanks.

Things are still going smooth. We went to the temple today. It was a good experience. The menu has rotated (it's a 3 week menu) so now we get repeated menus. But that's ok... as I've said, I like the food.

What else is going on at home?
Love you all,
Elder Myers