Tuesday, December 27, 2005

After Christmas

Dear Family,

I'm glad the calling worked out with grandpa's new phone. It was good to talk to you all again. I hope you're still doing well and that you had a good rest of christmas. I know I did. After I talked to you, I went to Chinese Church, then we went to one of Gibbons and Elkington's investigators, Jessica Yan(who miraculously just showed up to church and started investigating.) for dinner. There was waaay too much food. We talked to her 15 year old son for a while, who isn't technically an investigator, but he says he's thinking he wants to serve a mission, so that's really cool. He needs to join the church first, though.

The branch members gave us lots of Christmas presents, it was pretty cool. We got some cups and bowls, along with gift certificates for restaraunts, macaroni, socks, toothbrush, toothpaste, a mini leatherman and stuff like that. Besides the package from you, I also got some packages and letters from friends, and cards from family, friends, and ward members. It was a good christmas all in all. Thank you for what you sent. I have been eating Star Wars cereal every morning.

That's good that the girls weren't disappointed in how much stuff they got. It really is attitude, I think. On christmas morning we stopped by the Suns' house, and their only child, 9 year old calvin, got only one gift, a $5 chinese chess set. But he was still as happy as any other kid on christmas, especially since along with that gift was the promise that his dad would teach him how and play it with him. I think giving of your time is the best gift you can give.

If you send me temple names for endowments sometime, I can probably do some next time we go to the temple in a couple months. It's good that you got the chance to go do more sealings.

Yesterday, we helped some chinese eternal-investigators set up for their daughter's 5th birthday party. We blew up balloons, set up a moon bounce (one of those inflatable rentable jumping house things), helped cook, clean, etc. It was pretty fun. We got some cool pictures on the moon bounce. Most of the branch was there at the party. It was pretty fun.

Last night, we visited a potential investigator family. The mom's name is Jennifer Xie; she invited us for dinner last week, and they always let us in if we stop by. I have a pretty good friendship with the 9 year old kid Henry, so while Elder Jensen talked to the mom, I talked to Henry, and we both taught them each a lesson, and they were going to pray together last night; it was a good experience. We all prayed together before we left, and Jennifer felt the spirit; it was really good. So we'll see how that goes; we invited them to hear the lessons and they accepted so we'll be able to count them as investigators when we teach them on wednesday.

Well, I'm out of time. Have a great week, and a happy new year.

Love you all,
Love,
Elder Myers