Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Almost Christmas - looking for investigators

Dear family,

How are you? I'm doing well. I got a couple packages from you today, but I haven't opened them yet. I'm looking forward to it.

Our 1 progressing investigator left to taiwan today. Now we have 0. We better keep finding. We've actually been focusing on asking everybody for referrals this week. We haven't got any, but it will pay off eventually, I'm sure. We called a lot more bishops this week. We found one that baptized an investigator 3 weeks ago from taiwan, who has since moved. That should have been our investigator! Thankfully, now almost all the wards in San Diego know about us, we only have a few left.

Good news - Emily told Elder Gibbons and Elder Elkington that she thinks she's felt the spirit more lately and she thinks she wants to be baptized. So that's great! They're having some success up there.

Elder Jensen's grandparents are Myers. Cool, huh? I don't know if there's any relation, though.

Today, Elder Jensen and I, with another Elder named Elder Doria and a guy from our ward named Brother Sapien jammed in the relief society room. It was pretty fun. We played amazing grace and a song I wrote based on an old church movie called uncle ben.

Yesterday we made some flyers for Sunday church in Chinese. We're going to go down and carol at this Chinese store called the 99 Ranch. It should be pretty fun, and maybe we'll meet some people. We went there last wednesday and it was pretty interesting. We met a guy who works for a magazine called We Chinese in America, and invited him to a chinese branch party on the 22nd. Maybe he'll come.

Not much else has really been going on. We've been staying busy, though, and my Chinese is improving a lot faster with Elder Jensen.

I hope you have a good Christmas at grandmas. Will Julie be there? Thanks for the pictures of Ethan.

Yesterday we visited a lady named Jennifer Xie, and her family is so crazy. They were watching Chinese TV which has the weirdest commercials I have ever seen. I laughed pretty hard because they had people waving bags of cookies around and about 50 people waving around cell phones. Everything seems funner when they're speaking chinese. They also gave us some coconuts and chips to take home. We are helping them with finding employment through the employment office.

Well, I have to go. I hope you have a great christmas. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Myers