Sunday, October 16, 2005

Dear Grandma and Grandpa Kitchen

Dear Grandma & Grandpa,

It was nice to hear from you. Thank you for your letters. How was
Washington? Did you enjoy the trip up there? How is the Genealogy class
going? I bet it was nice to get to see Jesse again last summer. Thanks
for the tip to date my letters. I am trying to remember to do that.

Does your GPS have maps, too? That's pretty cool that you were able to
use it in Seattle. We use maps all the time here. I bought a street map
book of San Diego County called the Thomas Guide. It was about $30 but
it is indispensable. The roads here are incredibly windey and it would
be impossible to find anything without it. It wasn't laid out like Utah,
that's for sure. I usually end up navigating, since my companion is the
designated driver.

I thought you might be interested to hear about how our mssion is using
genealogy. We use this packet called "The Gift of Family History", where
anyone can fill out a card with some of their genealogical information
and Stake Family History Researchers will do some research on their line
and make a nice binder, then the missionaries go with the researcher and
present it as a gift and along with that, tell why family history is so
important to us. It is supposedly a fairly effective finding tool, so I
thought you might be interested to hear about that. Some missionaries
are using the gift as their primary door approach.

Well, I better go. Thanks for writing! I hope to hear from you again
soon.
Love,
Elder Myers.