Wednesday, May 30, 2007

She had a coworker who was a really good example.

May 29, 2007

Dear Family,

Well, we ended up emailing today. Yesterday was p-day, but the libraries were closed. I don't think I will be able to check my email next week; I'll just get the mail.

Michelle's working at Eastside Harley, eh? Is that a motorcycle dealership?

Bryana didn't get baptized yet. She was really sick again this weekend, not able to come to church, and so we have to push the baptism back. It'll be soon after I come home though, I'm sure.

The Twiggs are coming back home today. They're down to 2 cigarettes a day. They're almost there. Nicole came to church this week and after a great sacrament meeting (one returning, one departing missionary) I felt the spirit tell me to go up to Nicole and tell her that she needs to be baptized, and soon so that she can start having the benefits of the gift of the holy ghost now. I was able to give her a very strong baptismal commitment, and so now she just has to set a date. That was probably the highlight of Sunday. Also, in gospel essentials class, we talked about baptism for the dead and she started crying because she had a sister who had died at 16 years old without ever being baptized and she felt regret at not trying to help her sister believe in Jesus Christ. The doctrine in the class really did fill her with joy and hope.

We did a lot of service this week. It was my first experience being an electrician helping a guy with an addition to his house. We haven't plugged in the electricity yet, but by the time the moment of truth comes, I'll be long gone, heh!.

I saw Caitlyn Hermann at church on Sunday. We chatted. She's like 19 now; that's so OLD. She knows the Porterfields in the Encinitas ward. She says that the CV4th ward reads my letters like every week. That's kinda cool.

Elder Burton and I got in a door on a follow-up and taught a lesson and got a return appointment this week. It was his first experience with that, and he was thrilled. Her name is Diane and she's interested because she had a coworker who was a really good example.

The progression of our investigators is pretty slow, though, and it's not looking like any of them will be baptized before I go. But Elder Burton should have some good baptisms next transfer.
I hope you guys are all doing well. I better get going. I love you all. I'll email next Wednesday.... if you really want me to. The mission's been the best, and I'm trying to finish strong and work my guts out this last week. Thanks for the prayers.

Love,
Elder Myers