Tuesday, March 27, 2007

It's going very well here.

Mar 27, 2007
Dear Family,

Yes, I had a good birthday. Not only was I surprised with a cake and some balloons, but we also had 3 investigators come to church (The Twiggs and Diana Whitney) and found 3 new investigators in a part member family. So, It's going very well here. We're having dinner with the Goates tonight. Both wards are really great.

I received the book this week, thanks mom. It's the first edition, which is not that much different from the second edition, so it should bring me up to speed just fine.

I used the Discover card this week to buy a couple essentials - soap, laundry detergent, and a couple banquet dinners. My funds this month have been really tight, but in a couple days it should be better.

The bike riding is going a lot better. I no longer have to stop while going up hills. It's still hard, but we're making a lot better time.

The Twiggs are doing really well. They've been off alcohol for about a week now and they came to church and really enjoyed it. We taught them a few times, and I think they're doing their best to have sincere and lasting repentance.

Diana Whitney came to church, but I'm not sure she's any closer.

Nicole was sick the last couple days and hasn't been able to come to church. We did meet with her a couple times last week though and she's reading the Book of Mormon.

The new investigators are the Lynkowskis. The mom and oldest son are members and have recently been coming back after 10 years of inactivity. She wants the youngest two sons baptized. the husband is willing to allow it, but he's Catholic. We invited him to join with us for the missionary lessons as we teach the sons and to come to church with them and he agreed that he would. So, this is a really good opportunity.

We're planning on challenging the Twiggs to baptism this week, and setting a date with the Lynkowski kids next week. We'll see how it goes.

Yes, Elder Gibbons and I will be on the same plane home. Maybe you and the Gibbons can plan a super party bash for when we get back or something. We could all go down to Chinatown and show off our Chinese skills. If you do it before we get released we'll probably do some street contacting too :P. Uh... is there a Chinatown? Maybe just a Chinese restaurant.

This week, the Laus had the Huang family (the one I started teaching right before I left) over for dinner at their house and invited me. So I got to go and see them and Elder Gibbons and Elder Moreno. That was really cool. They all seem to be doing well. I got into Frank Xie's house and taught him a bit. He said I could come back. So, I'm getting a little chance to speak Chinese.
Last night we went street contacting, and one guy was a real jerk to me, trying to intimidate me or something. Well, he came back 10 minutes later and apologized for how he acted. That was really cool. That's the first time I've seen that on my mission.

Are you guys inviting anybody to watch General Conference? This one's gonna be good. (Not that I know any more about it than you, but you can usually be pretty confident that it'll be good.)

I got the cookies. They were delicious.

Well, another week flew by. I hope you are all doing well.