Thursday, August 18, 2005

MTC Week 7

Dear Family,

It sounds like you've all been busy. I hope all is going well, and moving is not too difficult. The house looks great, and very exciting. Does the land include the forest? Will the fence keep Q in? How much is Becky going to get paid to mow that lawn? How is the Orem house selling/not selling?

It sounds as if you all ate like kings (or Bill Gates) up in Washington. I bet it was really fun. If only they'd keep up, eh?

How did the Moving Sale go? I hope you did't sell too much of my stuff but I'm sure the art went fast.

This week had quite the surprise: we got a new companion. That's right, we're now a three-some with Elder Huey or Huang Zhanglao. His parents are Chinese, so he already speaks some, and he's learning more for 5 weeks. Then he's learning Tongan for 9 more weeks because he's going to Tonga speaking Mandarin and Tongan. 14 weeks in the MTC is hard to imagine, but he'll hopefully do well. He's nice and easy to get along with.

Ke Laoshi gets married tomorrow and he's not coming back, so we're getting a new teacher.

I donated the Icelandic and Italian Book of Mormons to the Teaching Resource Center, Mom. Thanks for sending the books.

I can't really think of much more that has happened this week. Just a typical week of studying all day and sleeping all night. We have not had a chance to go to the RC this week much either, so I haven't had interesting experiences there either. I am, however, keeping quite busy with the studying and new companion. I will hopefully have some more experiences to share next week.

Love to all,
Elder Myers

P.S. By the way, I now have a first name. It is Jie. It means Hero. So I am Mai Jie.