Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Lots of street contacting

Dear Family,

I'm glad you're having a good time in orem. Thanks for praying for Kyle. I'm not sure how he's doing; I know he's really confused. His parents won't let him talk to us and have been trying to have anti-mormons brainwash him. They even wouldn't let him go on their family trip to yellowstone, making him go to a Saddleback weeklong camping trip instead. Weird. Kyle has graduated. The school he was going to go to is in Riverside county.

There's not really much more news on anybody else. It has been kind of a low week; a lot of appointments cancelled, and a lot of working with the members who know Kyle. Mary is doing well. We had another good meeting with her yesterday. She's still coming to church. I'm glad Michelle's car is doing better and wasn't expensive. Phew. How are the missionaries in your ward?That's awesome that you're giving referrals.

I'm sorry that not much happened this week, but there really isn't that much to say. We made sure to get over 70 street contacts this week, and guess what? Two of them were people who we had already met and were potential investigators. One of them told us she hopes to see us again soon. Oh boy, will she ever. I actually had made a 13-page compilation of scriptures and teachings on the ressurection for her member friend to give to her, so I feel good about it. The zone leaders also tracted into a guy who we had given a pass-along card for a family booklet to, and he recognized them as associated with us, so he let them right in. Cool, huh? So, the challenge to contact 10 people outside of tracting every day is inspired, and the Lord has been putting people in our way. We mostly just stand out in front of Wal-mart.

We taught Britney again too, and answered her main questions. She's still reading and praying and she's felt the spirit, but she still wants to learn more. Excellent.The Chinese family all got sick and so they'll call me when they have time. :( But I got a referral from the mission office for another Chinese person :)

Well, I'm racking my brain but nothing else really happened. I hope you are having a wonderful week. Thanks for your prayers and your thoughts and letters. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Myers