Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Recruit McDonald was baptized

Dear Family,

Dad, yes, I'll be coming home to the Redmond stake, that's right. I think. I hope they don't send me to the wrong state.

Happy 18th birthday Michelle! I hope you have the best birthday EVER.

Not a lot happened this week. We contacted a lot of people. I made sure my district all met the goal of contacting 20 people a day per companionship. We did.

We had a car wash this week, and an 18-yr-old Chinese kid showed up to get his car washed. He seems interested in the church, and he's next door neighbors to one of the stake presidency, President McPhie, who actually introduced us to him a couple months ago when we went to dinner at the McPhie home. It's good to introduce neighbors to the missionaries, even if they don't seem interested in the message.

On Sunday, Recruit McDonald was baptized. We didn't get to go, because my companion took forever getting ready and by the time he was ready, we would have arrived at the place where we meet the APs too late, so I had to call the APs and tell them to go without us. That was a bummer. But it's great that he got baptized.

We're making a way better, way sweeter booth for Chinese people. It's one of those science fair tri-fold style things. It'll be fun.

Anyway... Mr. Fan and Steven both came to church. I'm going to try AGAIN this week to get Steven into the English ward. Pray for us.

That's all this week of any interesting note. We're doing a lot of street contacting and finding. I hope you're all doing well. Give missionaries referrals- giving the missionaries one personal introduction to somebody is better than an entire day of their own tracting and contacting. Look for ways to help them. Keep them in your prayers, and keep your own missionary experiences in your prayers. There's no reason to hold back - this IS the true gospel, the everlasting gospel, and if we act out of love we'll do anything to help the people we love find salvation.

Love,
Elder Myers