Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I just called them to repentance.

February 13, 2007

Dear Family,

How are you doing? I'm doing pretty good. It's raining right now and has been since yesterday.
I'm sorry if this week's report is short and boring - not a lot happened that's noteworthy. We did have many good street contacts and got their addresses and phone numbers- none of whom are Chinese. We're currently looking for a place to street contact which isn't 99 Ranch, because we don't want to lose permission to have our English class booth there. We don't care about getting kicked out of other places. This week we did find a new English class student (Yay) and Mr. Fan and Steve Dow came to church. The branch did a little food drive for Steve and we took him a whole lot of food.

We had a great zone conference on Friday. President Garner gave a lesson on the gathering of Israel and at the end bore the most powerful testimony I'd ever heard. Ever. Not in the words alone but in the power of the holy ghost.

We cancelled going to the MCRD this week to take Steven to his local ward, but he got sick and wasn't able to make it. So, we were able to have a bunch of extra time on Sunday with which we street contacted at the movie theater and asked people if they went to church today. When they said they hadn't, (most of them "didn't have time") I reminded them of the first and great commandment, and the first of the 10 commandments, and invited them to do better. I actually liked it. I didn't have to preach hellfire and damnation, I just called them to repentance. None of them wanted to hear the restored gospel though. Oh well.

There was a big 'ol tractout for one of the wards in the zone, in which 16 companionships were able to go out. My companion ( a priest in that ward) and I were able to find 4 checkbacks and commit 2 people to read the Book of Mormon. We were quite blessed to be able to testify to them and have them really become interested.

Yesterday, I got to go up to Escondido for a district leader training. President Garner trained us on how to do baptismal interviews. There were a lot of good insights given.

I met somebody that knows Donald. His name is Brother Obarr and he's the branch mission leader for the Spanish branch. He used to be Don's branch president in Linda Vista.

Well, that's about all that's happened. I hope you all have a wonderful week. Happy Valentines Day. Love you all.

Elder Myers