Thursday, September 01, 2005

MTC Week 9

Dear Family,

I haven't heard from you at all this week, but it is understandable. I bet you've been extremely busy. I just hope you're all safe, healthy, and doing well.

I'm working on a tape for you with my Chinese. I will send it soon, once I put everything I can think of on it.

Mom, I got the book from Amazon. Thank you. It is very helpful and I am learning how to read and write at a good pace.

We got our flight plans today! Elder Huey is very jealous. He still has 12 weeks left. I am, on the other hand, very excited.

I got sick this week... most of the district had it and it just went epidemic on us. Yesterday was really bad, but I am feeling a lot better today than I was yesterday. I feel that it's due to the power of prayer that I'm recovering after only one bad day. I don't think I've ever had such a brief sickness. I know prayer works and that God is working on us missionaries extra hard to keep us safe, healthy and able to do His work. Thank you all for your prayers too.

I am enclosing finished temple cards, and will send the remaining ones next week, once done. Thanks for sending them to me.

So we've heard bits and snippets of the news about the hurricane. It sounds very bad. It's strange to be so cut off from the world.

Learning is going well. The days and weeks are going past very fast. I'm understanding more and more Chinese and speaking better and better. I'm anxious to get out into the field.

Well, I hope all is well. Write soon. I love you all!