Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Another week

Hi Family,
Thanks for the letters. I don't have much time, so I will try to reply as quickly as possible. That's what happens when I get so much email from you all, it eats into my 30 minutes of email time :P But I don't mind. I might have to send a hand written letter today or something.

So, first of all, the Small and Simple things video... it was actually made in San Jose, according to what I know. Elder Elkington's second companion was transferred down here from the san jose mission and brought it with him. I first saw the DVD a couple days ago, and it is very good, whoever made it! It really helps in member missionary work!

So, this week hasn't been too exciting. We have not made any new investigators, but we have marked even more people off the list of potentials. Hopefully, as we keep working and praying, those who have been prepared will magically appear just like Emily did.

Emily is doing well. We met with her twice since I last wrote. The first time, I was on exchanges with the zone leaders, and we taught a very in depth lesson on prayer, and how our prayers are answered. That was well received and resolved some of her concerns, I think. Then last night, Elder Elkington and I taught the 10 commandments, along with Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy, and the LAw of Chastity. She had been shopping on sundays, but she was willing to give it up. And she didn't really have any problems with any of the other commandments. she was actually really excited to commit to keeping all the commandments that she knows, so we are very happy. She is progressing very well.

We have been doing a lot of tracting without much fruit this week. We may start covering an English ward next transfer, so that way we can tract every house and not just hit a house, skip 3, hit another, skip 5 like we've been doing. We'll get a lot more doors. The problem is that most people aren't home during the day, so we have a lot of time that we don't really have an effective way to use it. We only have 1 investigator, so we don't have that much work; that's why they might give us another ward.

I received the flash memory card today; thank you for sending it. I will send the other card today.

Becky-

That's awesome that you're playing in Jazz band. Those are some great songs that you're playing. I hope that it's fun.

I bet school is hard, but just work hard, I know you can do it. Why is it so hard?

Nope, we aren't allowed to read the newspaper, isn't that sad? We have to concentrate on our missions, but that's a blessing.

I'm glad that your owies are getting better. It sounds like you had a rough fall. Remember that when life gets hard, you grow, right?

Okay, well, I'm out of time. I love you all. Stay safe and healthy!

Love,
Elder Myers