Monday, September 12, 2005

First Night at Mission Home

Dear Family,

Today I arrived at my mission. Apparently there are 2 other Mandarin Missionaries here, though I haven't met them yet. I will get my new companion tomorrow.

President and Sister Garner, along with both APs, were waiting for us at the airport. They are very nice, and I believe President Garner will be a great mission president. He gave us mustard seeds in a bookmark; mustard seeds are very small, and the bookmark talks about how if you have the faith of a mustard seed, you can expect miracles.

We were taken to the mission home in a big van; it was about an hour drive from the San Diego airport, on very scary freeways. Once here, we ate our first home-cooked meal in 3 months - tacos. They were very good. The other elders have been at the MTC only 3 weeks, so they're not quite as mature and humble as I am. I feel like the MTC has prepared me well. And I'm joking about the "mature & humble" thing.

It was good to hear your voices today! I hope you're all doing well; it sounds like you are. Sorry we didn't get to talk longer, but Christmas and Mothers Day will have to do.

I will write more tomorrow, which is P-Day, but they gave us some time tonight and I just wanted to say hi. Be safe! Love you!
Elder Myers