Tuesday, September 06, 2005

MTC week 8

Dear family,

Well, you're moved! How is Seattle? Are you getting close to closing on the house and registering for school? Is it still hectic?

Mom, I'm glad that you think that you are being blessed because I am serving. I hope the blessings keep coming and everybody stays happy.

I'm glad that you got to see Jesse and that he is doing well!

What is going to happen/has happened to Carefully, the minivan?

Lisa, thank you for the drawing of Jesus. It is very good and I'm hanging it up. Your hair is very cute.

I got my first name ("Hero") from a teacher that had the privelege of naming everyone. I didn't dare choose it myself. I will send some videos of me speaking Chinese soon.

Okay, so on to what I've been doing this week...

It took a little while to adjust to the new companion but he's very easy to get along with. He needs lots of help with gospel terms, but he's catching on fast. I think the threesome is definitely a good thing.

This week at the RC is one of transition. Instead of using the dialer, we're now able to make our own calls. However, we have to clear the database of bad numbers, so for now, we don't get to talk to many people. That, in a way, makes it more exciting to talk to someone; it's kind of like tracting.

We got a new teacher this week named hu laoshi. He is very good. We also had a substitute names li laoshi. Even though they were both brand new, they did a great job.

At gym, I have been lifting weights and making good progress. Of course, I do still allow for a little 4-square time during gym.

At the TRC this week, our "investigator" while introducing himself, told us he was baptized in 2002. That kind of ruined the sense that it was a real investigator, but it still went well. He was a very nice mainlander and it was exciting to meet him. That morning at the TRC was the first time we had ever gotten through the entire 2nd lesson (Plan of Salvation) in Chinese in only 20 minutes. It felt lika a great accomplishment.

I had heard that there had been a tragedy in a cave on Y mountain, but I was shocked when I saw the picture of the girl from my high school. I didn't know her well, but I did have a few classes with her and she was nice. It was sad that she died. I hope their families and friends are doing all right.

It finally rained a couple times this week! It was very welcome.

Mom, you remember that lady who has called you twice to get permission for medical care? Well, her parents are from Shanghai, China, and so she is fluent in Mandarin. While I was outside practicing contacting, she was walking by, so I got to contact her in Chinese. It was a great experience because I understood everything she said. I was very excited after that "contact."

So, all in all, it has been a good week. I hope you're all doing well. I love you.
Love,
Elder Myers