Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A Merry Christmas

December 26, 2006

Dear Family,
It was great to get to talk to you on the phone yesterday. One more phonecall left...

Not much has happened since the phonecall, but I'll briefly recount the significant events of the week for record-keeping purposes.

We got spit on while street contacting at a bus stop this week. That was fun. It wasn't as bad as it sounds. I'm not sure what his problem was. He kept swearing at us too. We had to just walk away.

We had a party for the Chinese branch this week. Elder Moreno and I were assigned to do a skit, which we finally came up with in the car that morning. I'll have to send a video, but it went something like this.
"I'm sorry, but I'm closing the store."
"It'll only take a second: I need to return this snowman" (puts a bucket of water with a carrot, a couple rocks, and a couple sticks on the table)
"...It's melted."
"That's why I'm returning it."
"Did you keep it cold?"
"Nobody told me to."
"It's common sense!"
(Arguing back and forth for a minute)
"No, I can't let you return it!"
Then Elder Moreno threw the bucket of water on me and walked off the stage. The end.

As a Christmas gift, we delivered a cake, a family pamphlet, and a Book of Mormon to our English student Evelyn. She lives in a condo right next to the San Diego temple; it is the highlight of the view from her balcony. She was receptive to the gift. She also gave us some oranges. She is doing very well.

Mr. Fan is doing well too. He came to the party and I think he made good friends with Brother Lau.

I lost my wallet twice this week. Yes twice. Once at Carls Junior (the person who found it got ahold of me and returned it) and again the next day, but luckily I found it in my apartment.

Christmas was good. I got some good gifts. I won't enumerate them all here, but thanks to everybody who sent me things. I appreciate it.

We went singing a couple of the nights this week on Christmas Card Lane. It's a very very decorated street in Penasquitos that attracts visitors from miles around. As we sang, some people street contacted.

And that's all that's happened really. I hope you have a great New Years. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Myers