Tuesday, January 16, 2007

He had gained a testimony

Dear Family,
How are you doing? I'm doing pretty well. Today we went to the temple, did laundry, and that's about it so far.

Here, it is the coldest winter in 11 years. There was frost on the car a couple of mornings ago- not exactly snow, but it was pretty cold.

We got stood up on both of those Spanish people appointments that we made last week. No good.

We spent Saturday with Steven Dow, helping him to clean his house and arrange all the stuff his parents left behind.

On Saturday night we went to Evelyn's house for dinner. We taught about how the gospel blesses families. They didn't come Sunday.

Sunday morning, we went to the MCRD. I taught the same recruit I taught last week. during the past week, he had gained a testimony that what I had taught him was true. In fact, he said that that knowledge is what got him up "the reaper," which is the most difficult part of their training. I think it entails running up a mountain with an 80 pound backpack. I taught him the plan of salvation and invited him to be baptized. "Next week?" he asked, expectantly. I had to push it back another week, because he still had more to learn. So, in two weeks, Toby Whitehead should be getting baptized.

Sunday night, we had a tract out. I went tracting in Mira Mesa 2nd, on a street I had worked on before. They STILL weren't interested, heh.

Yesterday, we spent helping Steven Dow. His house looks much better and I think he's starting to get hope for the future. He didn't have any food in the fridge, so we gathered some of the food from the cupboards and took it to his house. We can only do so much, which is frustrating, but I know that God can make up the rest.

And that's about it. It's been a short "week." I hope you guys are doing okay, and that the storm is not too bad.

I love you all,
Elder Myers